China’s rapid economic development has left behind vast rural areas still fighting for basic survival needs. A local doctor’s personal quest to bring transformative healthcare to the remote villages of northwest China reveals an intimate portrait of an unobserved rural community. Restoring the Light explores how the doctor and two disabled families–including an inspired young woman, her brave grandmother and an optimistic young boy–retain hope and resilience in the face of enormous social and economic pressures that threaten to unravel their lives.
Donate to our outreach fund so we can keep our events free and sustain our advocacy efforts! Click the paypal donation button to the right.
Trailer not working? Go to Youtube link
- Host a screening or become a distribution/outreach partner (NGOs, companies, institutions).
- Sponsor the wider distribution and promotion of the film in China.
- Volunteer technical support to chronicle the film’s impact in China and around the world.
- Sustain our outreach efforts. Click the paypal button to the right.
- Support partner organizations and get involved!
Contact us by email at info[at]restoringthelight.com